Friday, April 22, 2011

In one ear and out the other?

Learn French by Podcast? I don't see how it could possibly work any less well than any of the other ways I've tried to learn a foreign language. And it wasn't wasted time really, since even if I'm still functionally uni-linugal, I can rock some crossword puzzles and occasionally figure out what I'm ordering at a French restaurant without having to say something like, "now what exactly are 'poissons?'"

So, I'm a "fan" of podcasts, but not so much a consumer of podcasts. That is, I've listened to some, and in one case even helped mount and "produce" one. But I've never been motivated enough or organized enough to actually have my itunes and my ipod conspire together to produce an ongoing body of work for me to listen to. So I still do podcasts the old fashioned way, by going to the site and getting the one I want and listening to it. I'll call it an area for future growth and leave it at that for now.

As for that podcast I helped produce? That would be the newly launched series of podcasts from the Louisville Free Public Library. Only one entry now, but more coming soon. Details? You can find those at iTunes, or here: http://www.lfpl.org/podcasts/authorseries.xml

(17)

No comments: